Access to Services
We are a leading provider of Clinical Services, Professional Training and Behavioural Science Research in South Australia. We believe in collaborative care and work closely with your family doctor, medical specialist, carers, NGO providers and collaborative care organisations, lawyer and state and commonwealth service providers.
We provide bulk billing clinical psychology services for any client with a Medicare Mental Health Care Plan, NDIS Disability Support Plan or who is eligible for our range of State and Commonwealth Government sponsored programs.
We offer after hours services at all locations, including Saturday appointments at our main centres in Adelaide and Morphett Vale and Sunday appointments currently at Morphett Vale.
Accessing individual or group clinical services:
- Commonwealth funded Better Access to clinical psychology services, a Medicare program requiring a mental health care plan. Presently these plans provide 10 funded individual and group sessions per calendar year;
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA);
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), ReturntoWorkSA, Comcare;
- Commonwealth Suicide Prevention Services;
- Commonwealth Severe Mental Health Services for Survivors of Trauma;
- Intensive Gambling Help Service;
- State Victims of Crime and legal services funding;
- State Department of Transport Planning and Infrastructure (DPTI)- Employee assistance support & counselling for persons affected by major developments compulsory home acquisition;
- Private health insurance, self-referred and funded.
PsychMed Fees and Rebates
All of our clinics are bulk billing: if you have a current mental health care plan from your GP, PsychMed can provide bulk billed psychology services.
For private patients without a mental health care plan or other cover, payment is required in full on the day of service. Private charges are set by individual practitioners and often reflective of experience and may be negotiated. If you have private health, there may be a subsidised fee. To claim this, take the invoice issued to your private health provider. We do not offer payment plans for private patients.
If you have a State WorkCover, VVCS or CTP accident claim your provider may cover your sessions and some providers will cover late cancellation fees.
Non-attendance and cancellations
We provide bulk billing services as part of our support to high need communities and as such it is essential that you attend your appointments or provide sufficient notice to enable others to take advantage of available sessions. PsychMed may charge you a fee for a late cancellation (less than 48-hours) or non-attendance subsequent to committing to an appointment time. In this case the fee is $25 and is payable by cash, EFTPOS, or direct transfer. If non-attendance becomes a recurring issue the psychologist may charge you the equivalent of the Medicare session fee, or a percentage thereof, which will be invoiced and payable in 30 days, or you can organise a payment plan.