I primarily have a strong interest in working with people with disabilities- particularly Autism Spectrum Disorder and assisting parents in their journey to do the best for their children. I continue to have an interest in persons with Attention Deficit Disorder and have a strong preference for behavioural strategies and parenting to avoid wherever possible the use of drugs to address behavioural issues. Having undertaken advanced training Acceptance And Commitment Therapy (ACT), I utilize that modality as well as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy ( especially REBT for specific as well as general issues such as anxiety, stress and depression.
- Member of Australian Psychological Society
- Member of the College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists
- Registered Psychologist
- Graduate Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Master of Arts
- Trained Teacher of the Deaf Teacher’s Certificate
- Diploma in Teaching
- School Principal
- Principal of Interdisciplinary School for students with physical and neurological disorders.
- Psychologist (registered since 1976)
- Lecturer in disability studies at Underdale CAE (later to become Uni SA)
- Course Coodinator (1986) at Sturt CAE (later to become Flinders Uni. School of Special
- Education and Disability Studies)
- Senior Psychologist, Disabilty SA (1998- 2006)
- Private Practice (2005- present)
- Private Practice with PsychMed (from 2007)
- My educational experience and psychology experience has tended to always be biased toward professional assistance to people with disabilities even though I am happy working with other people who need my psychological services.
Why are you passionate about working at PsychMed?:
I am passionate about providing quality psychological services to all persons and in particular those who may most need that help and can least afford it. It is about equity and personal affirmative action, especially for persons with disabilities- particularly children. PsychMed places emphasis on providing help for those who really need it, regardless of whether they have the money to buy it.
- Morphett Vale
- Hutt St.